I have never read Pride and Prejudice. And I don’t plan to.
There. I’ve said it.
I am one of the few people devoted to the literary arts who have made it 40+ years without reading Jane Austen’s classic. I don’t even really know what it’s about, but when I owned my bookstore, I was encouraged to sell many Pride and Prejudice related paraphernalia (called sidelines in the industry). And I did. And they flew off the shelves: bags, candles, pins, dolls (!)…all related to that one book.
I should read it. I know, I know.
Anyway, just had to get that all off my chest so you knew the truth about me and Pride and Prejudice! Phew! ;>.
However, as a small token of my respect for those of you who have read and love and adore Pride and Prejudice and are perhaps in the market for something Pride and Prejudice-y, I’ve pulled together some fun accoutrements that you might enjoy. (Most of these are items I sold at my bookstore, and are quality products I’ve touched and enjoyed myself.)
Click on the links below the pics 🙂
- Pride and Prejudice Peacock tote from Out of Print. Great company, great products!
- Women’s Relaxed Fit shirt. Same company. Great products!
- Scarf. Made by Out of Print, sold through PBS.
- Pride and Prejudice and Kitties. Awesome satire on goopy cat books and P and P!
- Birthday Book. Never forget again!
- Pride and Prejudice Peacock socks 🙂 You know you want these babies!
- Bookbag tote. Sweet and sturdy.
- Dinner With Mr. Darcy. Recipe book based on Jane Austen novels. Cook up some of these at your next P and P party!